Best Augmented Reality SDK Platforms for AR VR Apps Development
Augmented reality (AR) is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality. By contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one. Augmentation is conventionally in real time and in semantic context with environmental elements, such as sports scores on TV during a match.
- The world's leading mobile augmented reality platform (first mobile AR browser in 2008)
- Voted "Best Augmented Reality Browser" for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (Augmented Planet)
- The makers of the leading AR SDK, voted "Best AR Tool or Platform" 2011, 2012
- Truly global reach: 13 million users, 32 languages, 100 million POIs aggregated
- The company behind the international AR standard "ARML 2.0" by OGC
VUFORIA is the leading AR platform.
- It delivers best-in-class computer vision, ensuring robust and reliable experiences in a variety of environments
- It offers developers the creative freedom to build unique experiences that reflect brands and drive business results
- It Vuforia supports leading phones, tablets and digital eyewear across Android, iOS and UWP
- It can recognize a range of everyday images,objects and environments
ARToolKit is a Free, Open Source SDK that empowers you to create big.
- Complete access to the computer vision algorithm allows you to modify the source code to fit your specific application
- Compiled SDKs for iOS,Android, Linux, Windows and Mac OS X all ready to download use
- Includes OpenGLES2.x support, integration with GPS and compass, and automatic camera calibration utilities
- ARToolKit includes stereo and optical see-through support, is integrated with a range of smart glasses, and allows easy calibration for new devices
EasyAR is an Augmented Reality Engine that is easy to use and free. This includes multi-target tracking support and optimizations for detection and tracking, and also power reduction.
EasyAR offers many samples both for Unity and native develop, simple to run. These samples demonstrate various methods of target creation, and video playback including streaming video and transparent video. There are also some advanced topics for real-time target creation from camera image and building a 3D colouring book. EasyAR never stops evolution since the first public reveal.
XZIMG provides customizable HTML5, desktop, mobile and cloud solutions with the objective of extracting intelligence from images and videos. XZIMG Augmented Face solution to recognize and track faces with Unity. XZIMG Augmented Vision solution to recognize and track planar images with Unity. XZIMG Magic Face solution ideal for face replacement and make-up applications.